What is a chindel
The Schindeln (from holzschindeln — a wooden tile) are plates of certain sizes, processed in a special way. A roof and a facade are made of the shindel. In order to obtain suitable plates, the wood is split or sawn without breaking the wood capillaries.
- Excellent sound and thermal insulation.
- Prevents condensation The service life of the roof is over 100 years*.
- Moisture resistant.
- Not afraid of strong winds, air temperature variations and precipitation.
- It is used practically in any climatic conditions.
Shindel is made of:
- Stabbed larch — for roofing and exterior decoration.
- Sawn larch — for exterior decoration.
- Sawn cedar — for interior decoration.
Siberian larch is so wear-resistant that it is made of underwater structures. It has a service life of at least 50 years.