- Tile width, cm:
- 4 cm or more
- Packaged, m² (on a 3-layer roof):
- 1,0 — 1,05
- Tiles in a row, pcs.:
- 4 — 6
- Length deviation, mm:
- -10 +30
- Plates in the package: 30 cm: 100 — 110 pcs, 40 cm: 90 — 108 pcs., 50 cm: 72 — 85 pcs., 60 cm: 48 — 55 pcs.
- Density of annual rings: up to 4 rings per 1 cm thickness of the plate.
- Location and inclination of the annual rings: 90° to 0° degrees radial and tangential split. Permissible lying annual rings.
- Thickness of the plate in the thick part: no restrictions.
- Thickness of the plate in the thin part: no restrictions.
- Sapwood: no restrictions.
- Cracks: up to 5 cm possible.
- Resin pockets: no restrictions.
- Bitches: no limits.
- Deformation of the plate (oblique, «propeller»): no restrictions.
- Bevel: 45°, smooth «without fringe».
- Humidity: 15 — 18%.
- Possibility of installation without additional waterproofing: no.
- Installation of a shindle, shindles on a step crate with the device podkrovelnoy ventilation: no.
What is a chindel
The Schindeln (from holzschindeln — a wooden tile) are plates of certain sizes, processed in a special way. A roof and a facade are made of the shindel. In order to obtain suitable plates, the wood is split or sawn without breaking the wood capillaries.
- Excellent sound and thermal insulation.
- Prevents condensation The service life of the roof is over 100 years*.
- Moisture resistant.
- Not afraid of strong winds, air temperature variations and precipitation.
- It is used practically in any climatic conditions.
Shindel is made of:
- Stabbed larch — for roofing and exterior decoration.
- Sawn larch — for exterior decoration.
- Sawn cedar — for interior decoration.
Siberian larch is so wear-resistant that it is made of underwater structures. It has a service life of at least 50 years.